Friday, June 11, 2010

running hills in Atlanta


The picture just doesn't do it justice. 80 degree heat at 7am this hilly run was one of the most difficult I've done this year. This Atlanta neighborhood had steap hills which offered very little time of recovery between them. My calves and back end was on fire. I initially planned to do 5-6 miles until I soon realized that my heart rate staying in the red zone would make for a very miserable longer run. I ran 3.5 miles which felt more difficult than our 13 miles on Saturdays on the flat Florida trails. As I'm posting this blog 3 days after this run my calves are still on fire. I need to do a run like this more often. My next run away from home will be California. Looking forward to 60 degree weather for those runs!

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up!! Your post starts by saying how awful it was and finishes by saying, "I need to do this more often!" Only a runner.... :)

    ReplyDelete