Monday, May 31, 2010

Longer run with the Striders

It always amazes me that I won't set the alarm for anything else during the week until Fridays nights preparing for my Saturday run with the Striders. I literally pop right out of bed and get to it. This morning I didn't pick any of my girls up. They decided to meet me there because they had post run errands to run. Just before the sun came up we all met at the trail and joined about 50 others that show to enjoy this morning run. It was me, T & Dana. T was hurting from a spill she took at work and I think some back-to-back Tri soreness as well. We all ran out 3 miles and 3 back to get in the miles T wanted to do. Despite T's injury she pushed through and completed the 6 miles saying that she was "glad she did". From there Dana and I headed back out to put in 2 more. Our plan was to put 8 in and add a mile each week to gradually bring us back to our 13 we were running. From there, who knows, maybe the momentum will take us to a marathon distance.

8 miles: 1:15:06
Ave pace: 9:23 (I'm sure we will see this creep up over the summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment