Friday, July 2, 2010

weights

You would think with my two little ones being away that I would end up with more time to blog. NOPE!! I have, however, been able to get into a weight lifting routine at the gym on the floor. This was a big step for me due to some misconceptions I had about what women do out there. Since I didn't know what I was doing or have a plan the thoughts of working out in front of all those men intimidated me. With alot of help from Dana I was able to go out there with some knowledge of what I could do with the equipment and what to work on. To my suprise the women on the floor, for the most part, were not parading around looking for attention from the "meat-heads". They mean business and I'm impressed with how "tight & toned" they look. That was enough encouragement to keep going. My plan is to have some of this flabby skin alittle tighter by the end of summer. I really feel the soreness after every workout so something might be working. The only fear I have is by the end of the week I may not be able to crawl out of bed and put in 10-13 miles on the trail with my legs so sore. I'm still learning so there is room for improvement in my plan and how/what I work on through the week to leave my legs fresh for Saturdays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment